Our big boy turned seven on the 30th of November. We can't believe how the time has flown by. Landon is a very bright boy and eager to learn anything anyone will tell him. He has a million questions all of the time, it can sometimes be frustrating being stuck in a car with him. He has taken a stab at many sports this last year. He played soccer, t-ball, basketball, and just started swimming at the same club Ryan coaches at. He has now been handed the responsibility of taking out the trash and only complains about half the time. Every morning he wakes up and gets dressed, brushes his teeth, feeds his fish, and makes his bed before I even see him. He is a good boy and we love having him in our family. He has become quite the reader and reads me a book every day and often is involved in reading during family scripture study. He enjoys beating up Isabel and wrestling his cousin Andrew. He eats like a horse and I have no idea what we will do when he is a teenager. This year he memorized all 13 articles of faith. Okay, I know that is enough bragging, I just like him a lot.
We just had our friends the Peralta's over for some cake and ice cream and his cousin Andrew was in town which made it really fun for him.
The week before his birthday Ryan and I took him and his cousin Andrew to Medieval Times. Landon was so excited. If anyone has a boy, I guarantee you will score if you take them there.
The day after Thanksgiving Isabel was eating an apple and her tooth came really loose. So she showed me and asked if I would pull it out. I reached in and pulled that bad boy out and she was thrilled. Once she realized that her brother and cousins hadn't lost their teeth until they were six, she kept walking around and saying, "Hey mom, I bet you don't know any other five year old that have lost a tooth." No, she isn't competitive at all.
Thanksgiving was really relaxed and a lot of fun. Our friends the Stolworthy's came over and Holly was in town.
Valerie, Holly, Melissa, and Mandy. We were enjoying some pie.
Front table: Addison, Payton, Milana
Back Table: Claire, Kylee, Isabel, Landon, Haley, and Andrew




6 comments:
So much fun - thanks SOOOO much for having Andrew. I enjoy the blog updates!
I can't believe you have a 7 year year old either. And did everyone have their own bottle of sparkling cider for dinner?
Looks like a great birthday and thanksgiving! Issy is very cute with one less tooth. I love your background picture - where did you get it?
I was wondering where you've been! Love the medieval times shots, I have fond memories of our family outing there when I was young...way too funny that Landon is old enough to recognize the fake stunts though :)
I am blog stocking people today. Landon is so big. Time flies. I hope all is well with you guys.
I can hardly believe its been almost two years since Boise, I sure miss hanging out!
Post a Comment