Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Turkey Day

Kids Table. They decorated it themselves.
Landon really wanted to eat a turkey drumstick. He ate almost the whole thing.
L to R: Ben, Monica, Brad, Lacey and Brooklyn, and Ryan. I am taking the picture.

Landon and Isabel in their preschool Thanksgiving attire. If you look close at Landon's vest you will see he picked his Indian name to be "Strong Bear"



Since we have no family here in Boise. We sought out others in the same sad state of having nobody to spend Thanksgiving with. We spent the day with our friends the Hom's and Tanners. We had a lot of fun. The three women made a fabulous dinner together. The men had fun playing in a turkey bowl, watching football, eating, watching more football, and then playing cards with their wives and eating dessert. The kids played, ate, played, ate cupcakes, and watched about 12 movies no big deal it is a holiday. They don't need to be brainiacs on a holiday. We really had a lot of fun though, you can survive without family. It is not the same but you can survive.

7 comments:

The Girls and Dad B. said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! Your kids are too cute!

Mamma Meg said...

AAAHHHH! You finally posted. I know, I don't want to be one of those people, but I miss you (all) and I need an update now and then.

I just saw Twilight again tonight, and am wondering what you thought. Where are your pics from that event?

Still no date set for moving, and yes, it is starting to get frustrating. I am wondering if it is really gonna happen. Ugh!

Smullin Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm glad you have awesome friends to hang with. (Jason and I did that too, when we lived away from Boise/family.)Sorry I wasn't your awesome friend.

I've been missing you too. I think we need to hang out or do something together soon. What cha up for?

Michal Thompson said...

we met up with some friends too- it was so fun, and it made us forget we weren't with family.

Melissa said...

That actually sounds like alot of fun, no comparison to being with me but, fun. I miss you and Im trying to get there. Tell my baby boy Happy birthday.

Rushele said...

I love that Landon ate almost a whole drumstick! Just like his daddy, huh?!!
And that he chose his Indian name to be Strong Bear.
Your kids are so cute!!!
I'm glad you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving!!!

Hokie Family said...

Luke was "Screaming Cougar" Mrs. Cooley must have helped. Looked fun!
Heather