Saturday, December 6, 2008

Birthdays and Half Birthdays!

Happy 5th Birthday Landon! One week late. Last Sunday Landon turned 5 I can't believe my baby boy is this big. He did not get a big party this year since he went to Disneyland in October. Although after he went he told us many times he doesn't want Disneyland anymore he wants a party where people bring him presents.
Landon is a bright healthy boy he had his 5 year Dr appointment. He is 50 lbs (85th percentile) and 45 in tall (80th percentile). I was surprised he passed his hearing test. Going by how well he listens at home I thought he would fail it. He drew some shapes and a stick figure person for the Dr., and he did not cry when he had to get two shots. Landon has grown up a lot this year. His interests are for the moment Star Wars, playing outside 24/7, his best friend Jaden, and learning to read. He is constantly cracking us up, especially as we are trying to teach him about modesty (this is not going very well, I am open for suggestions.) He is starting to definitely take on the older brother role by letting Isabel know that she is not cool enough to play with his big boy toys anymore. We love our little guy.


Mia turned 6 months the same day Landon turned 5. Her celebration was a little over shadowed. Mia is growing so quick it makes us so sad. The only good part is that the bigger she gets the more interested the other two become with her.


Mia weighed in at 17 lbs 13 oz. (80th percentile). She is our first baby to go below 100 percentile before turning one. She is is 27 in long (75th percentile). Mia drools a ton if you can not tell from her pictures. She is now sitting up and playing with her toys on the floor. She is good with that as long as she can see her brother and sister playing. Once they leave her in the room alone she cries. She is eating solid food now. She will only eat from Ryan apparently if I am there she thinks there is a better option. She is a weirdo and only likes vegtables and not the fruit. She is so easy to get to smile, and absolutely adores her dad. She gets cranky right before he gets home like she is waiting for him. As soon as he walks in he picks her up and she is happy for the night. She is a really good baby and a great sleeper.
I am so grateful for my three babies.


16 comments:

Smullin Family said...

Happy Birthday Landon!

You're having a hard time believing Landon is 5, try thinking about your baby going into Young Womens/YM! Yep, Rylee turned 12 today and her first day in YW is tomorrow...I'm SO old!

Mia is adorable. Love her expression in the last picture.

Christy C. said...

Mandy, your kids are stinkin' cute!!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Happy Birthday Landon. I've been waiting for this post:) Man, he is a BIG boy!! Josh is 50 lbs and he just turned 6!! I like that he would rather have a party verses DL. What a funny kid!

And I can't believe Mia is 6 months. WOW. Sounds like she's doing well. We'll see how long the healthy vegetable streak lasts for her. Being the 3rd child she has no hope because the older kids sneak food to them! Grrr

ali k said...

Super cute pictures. Tell Landon his birthday gift is still on the way. :( He only had to get 2 shots? Does he have to go back for a kindergarten physical?

Natalie said...

Hey that hat on Landon looks familiar...why don't you post a picture of Landon in his Care Bear outfit or Snoop Dogg slippers?

Melissa said...

My nieces and nephews are so cute. Great Pics sis. I miss you. We have to figure out a way I can see you when you come down for Christmas. seriously try!! Love you

Michal Thompson said...

We also are having modesty issues with Dylan, i will have to read your comments for some help myself. Corbin was almost born on Dylan's birthday too! we barely missed it.

the keele's said...

the picture at the top of your blog is sooooooooooooo cute.

Mamma Meg said...

I love all the new pictures!
Little P is over 18 lbs now but looks so much smaller than Mia. I think it's her cheeks...very deceptive! I can't believe how much the other two have changed since we were there!

Rushele said...

I love all the new pics of your kids! So cute!!!!
And that last one of Mia is so cute, love the drooly face!
And you are hilarious! I love your comment about thinking that Landon would definitely fail his hearing test because of how well he listens at home. We feel the exact same way about Raegan most of the time! So frustrating!!
I also loved your comments on my last post. I have to admit that I did fix a couple of ornaments after Raegan went to bed, but honestly it was ONLY a couple. She did pretty well. Although she did seem to favor one particular area, but Scott and I would remind her to move around the big tree and not put them all in one spot. Scott lifted her up to do the top also. That helped!!!
You are too a good mother, a great one actually!!!! I have the same patience issues with my children, don't feel bad! We're all a work in progress!

The Hopkins said...

I remember him like that! He was such a cute baby! In regards to the comment left on my blog from you, I knew I should have put a disclaimer w/ that post!

Kristi said...

Cate is almost six and doesn't believe in modesty either...I am trying to make her ashamed of her body but it just isn't working!
Mia is darling.

Patsfield Family Photos said...

I hope one day I get to meet your kids, cause they sound like so much fun! OH, how I miss hanging out with the Kuhns!!!

The Girls and Dad B. said...

ok, so you totally have cute kids! Mia is just too adorable!

Carmen said...

Yay, it's official, I am able to view your blog! Okay and I love the last picture of Mia, she is just so happy and drooly...what more could you ask for?!

Katie said...

Mandy your blog is so cute... I know I am so inconsistent when it comes to blogging. I loved your Christmas card... Your kids are adorable! I love your butterball Mia, I wish I lived closer so I could pinch those adorable cheeks.
Happy Birthday to Landon!
.... about modesty and boys... I think girls take to it better than boys... that just how my kids have been so far...good luck
miss you!