Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas in San Jose

This was our final year of traveling for Christmas. We headed to San Jose, Ca to spend the holidays with Ryan's family. Our family has expanded and there are now 18 of us when we are all together. Let's just say the volume in the house could get quite loud with 8 kids under the age of 5. Landon and Isabel absolutely loved playing with Andrew, Issy would not play with her girl cousins cause "they are babies" they are18 months . The kids went to pump it up, made some cookies, we all went shopping a couple of times, celebrated Aunt Ali and Uncle Danny's birthdays, and ate a lot of good food. The highlight of our vacation was the entire family enduring the stomach flu on Christmas day. That's right their were only two people out of 18 not barfing Christmas day. So the cinnamon rolls I made went uneaten Christmas day, and there was no Christmas dinner just ginger ale and homemade chicken noodle soup thanks to Lisa. We all got a lot of fun stuff. The kids were better about thanking people this year after they opened a gift. Mia was awake the first 20 minutes and then was asleep for the rest of the presents.

Landon and Issy coming to see what Santa brought.

Ryan and Mia she looks so excited.

All the cousins Christmas Morning. Cute pajamas. L to R: Elaina, Claire, Landon, Chris, Mia, Isabel, Andrew, and Taylor.

Andrew, Landon, and Isabel making sugar cookies. Can we say easy on the sprinkles. Most of them did not get eaten because there was so many sprinkles. Thanks Ali for doing this.

Landon opening a present. We really had to work on him slowing down. At his birthday he ripped through his presents at lightening speed without even looking at them. Also informing everyone which presents were better. Nice! We had a long talk about that.

Opening up their stocking. My favorite part. Stockings have all the best part.

Isabel with her snow pants and boots. They walked around the rest of the trip in their snow boots, in San Jose where it was like 75 degrees. Good thing Landon is not sporting his usual crack in this shot.

7 comments:

Holly said...

FINALLY!! How long do I have to wait to see my freaking cute neices and the Prince?? That looks like you had tons of fun... minus the flu. Who missed out? We miss you guys so much. love you.

Holly said...

(Paige's comment)

They are just to cute I want to eat them up.... get in my belly! Hopefully I will see them soooon! Love you... your lame sister!

Paige

Candis and Ryan said...

I love that you are finally back, just because I'm selfish and I want to read what you are up to. That's hilarious about Landon explaining which present is better. I love it. Love ya!

Rushele said...

I love that Landon tells everyone which presents are best! So funny!!
And I see that both your family and Ryan's do the matching jammies for all the cousins! What a fun idea! I think we'll have to start that tradition as well, once others in the family decide it's o.k. to contribute to the grandchild gene pool!
Glad you had such a fun Christmas!!!

Patsfield Family Photos said...

I love that all the kids are wearing the same pjs! Looks like you had a great Christmas!

Kristi said...

Hey, what gives? You were in San Jose and didn't call us? I get it...we aren't good enough now that you have your "Idaho" friends...fine, I guess I will make a new friend now.

Melissa said...

Vomit, presents, and miseltoe...a perfect christmas! I feel the reason for your sickness is because you didn't cme visit when you were so close. I cursed you....jerk.