Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Beach

My sister in-law Ali and cousin Andrew came to visit this weekend and we had a blast. Landon was so excited to play with another boy. The volume level was quite loud, all of the time, and there was a constant mess, but they were happy as could be. On Monday we went to the beach. The kids have been begging to go every since we got here. It was a really nice day. We say dolphins playing out in the water, closer than the swell of the wave. The kids were able to spot them easily and were ecstatic. Ali and I got to hang out while the kids threw rocks into the ocean, had races, collected shells, dug holes, and ate a ton of snacks. For such tiny people they eat SO much. The only downfall was I got a really bad sun burn on my legs. I shouldn't have been surprised it has been a long time since they were exposed to the sun. I don't even own a pair of shorts. I literally saw the sun reflecting off of them. I have learned my lesson and will put sunscreen on my legs, even though I never had to before.

Isabel collected only white rocks, she calls them jewels.

Watch out David Hasselhoff, we have new runner in Malibu.

Playing in the H2O. Andrew, Landon, Claire, and Isabel.

Me and two of my babies. Mia stayed home with Grandma. Sand + Crawling = a disaster

Check out the Blog below it is new too.




16 comments:

the keele's said...

no mandy that is not my kitchen. but i can wish. i was just showing how cute some pink could be! your kids are way to cute!!!!!! mia is adorable oh goodness!!

Mamma Meg said...

My legs are so white, they glow in the dark. Sad, but true. You poor lady, I hate sunburns. Love the Hasselhoff.

Christy C. said...

Your still alive!!! Sounds like you had fun at the beach. Reminds me of the few times we have gone with the "California cousins." So fun!!

Rushele said...

Such cute pics! We're so jealous you're there, with the beach, and nice weather!!
We need to come visit you guys. Your mom's house is a bit full now though.

Unknown said...

Looks like you have been having fun! Jealous of you getting to go to the beach! My legs would be sunburned too!
Don't know how much of the house we will have done by the time you come back, but hopefully more! We have started talking about how to extend the front porch and went and looked at new front doors the other day!

ali k said...

My shoulders and legs are BURNT!!!! And I missed a spot on my face - super cute for work. I can't wait to visit again. We had a great time. Thanks for being such a great host.

Melissa said...

Why didnt you invite me to the beach? Claire keeps asking when shes going to da beech wis Ant Mandy.

Melissa said...

Hi Mandy, I found your blog off of Heather's friends list. This is Luke's mom Melissa. Anyway thought I would check in and see how California was treating you. Luke still talks about Landon and I have the picture of the three boys hanging up in his room. You can see our blog at www.boyswillbeboys.typepad.com.
Take care

Hokie Family said...

Ilove the update! The kids look so cute in the easter pics. mia is cute. Miss you guys. wish we could be playing on the beach with you. Looks so fun.

Monica said...

Hey Pal,
Love pics at the beach! We are missing you guys a ton, but getting good updates from Cozette. Hope all is going well for you in Cali and remember that we are missing us some Larsens here in the Potato State!

Jamie Hyatt said...

Oh the beach, can I say I am a little jealous! It was great to see photos, hope life in CA is going well, I think about you all the time, still haven't found anyone to play games with.

Carmen said...

ummmm where are you friend? No blogging for over two months now?!

Candis and Ryan said...

How are you? Your fans need an update. Miss you.

Rushele said...

Where's the latest update on the Larsen family?
How are you all doing? Loving CA with the fam?

Lacey said...

Um yeah if you could go ahead and UPDATE! That would be nice. Maybe a picture of Izzy so Syd can remember what she looks like!

Michal Thompson said...

I have been thinking about you lately, How are you guys doing?