Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Lot of Stuff, It's Been Too Long


Okay, I know I have been a complete slacker and updating and commenting. I just never get on and check anything. Honestly before now, there was nothing going on in our life worth blogging. We have had a fun couple of weeks though so have some exciting things that have happened.

We are officially Californians. We went and got California plates and drivers license's. The kids were enrolled for school next year, and Ryan has received a calling. We are still on the hunt for a job, but Ryan works with my dad until we can find something else. We have had a lot of visitors at our house so it has been a little hard to get fully adjusted to normal life here in LA.
Easter was the day after we got here and the kids had a blast. The kids hunted for some eggs and baskets in the house Easter morning, and did an egg hunt outside that night with their cousins. They had a blast. The two girls looked so cute in their Easter Dresses, Melissa lent them to the girls, what a good aunt. Isabel thought she was a "Beautiful Princess" and kept spinning for us all day.
Our family, I think we have not had a picture with both parents in it for a very long time.


Mia is such a poser. She loves the camera. Yes she is still bald and toothless.


Yes, she loves herself very much. She is starting to look so old.

For some reason he had to pose this way. Boys are so weird.

It's a miracle they are all sitting still together.


Isabel, Landon, Haley and Claire. Yes, Melissa's girls are still pretty and my kids had to put their pajamas back on after church and Isabel has nap hair.

Egg Hunt.


Jackpot!

Mia is now eleven months. Time has just flown by. Mia started putting some weight and is now in the normal range. Her three younger cousins are all bigger than her. I don't know how that is possible with her genetics. She finally started crawling at ten months and she is all over the place. She still has no teeth, or hair. Because of her hair, size, and lack of teeth her dad still thinks she is a baby. Her latest tricks are clapping, folding her arms, waving and saying bye bye, and saying uh-oh. Mia is the happiest, most well rested baby you have ever met. We love her and she makes it so easy to do that.


11 comments:

Lacey said...

It's about time! Wow, that took you FOREVER! Syd was starting to forget what her BFF for life Isabel looked like! Well it looks like you guys are enjoying life(or should i call it, your extended vacation?) out there in Cali! Now you aren't making any new friends are you? Cuase that's not really approved! Keep us updated out here ok!_later-lace
P.S.-Brooklyn is totally pissed that you forget to wish her happy birthday!

Lacey said...

Oh yeah did you catch the Twilight shout out on Gossip Girl this week? Like oh my gosh, it was like as if your two favorite worlds were together for one perfect episode! LOL!!! Yes i am a dork!

Mamma Meg said...

What cute kids! No teeth? I am so jealous. Porter had two already and yesterday sprouted 4 more all in one day. Ouch. Glad you are doing good there.

Mamma Meg said...

I just looked at your family picture again. Does Ryan have a beard??? If so, why isn't that part of this post!

Natalie said...

I agree, what's with the beard Murph? Perhaps it was time to leave Idaho after all...then again Pete always has one so I can't complain. Everyone looks super cute, although I must admit that I am rather sad how big Isabel looks. It makes me worried that Elaina is growing up too fast as well.

Rushele said...

Those Easter dresses are really pretty, Melissa is very nice!!
I totally feel you on the bald baby situation! Sophie is almost 18 months (yay for nursery) and she's still basically bald! It's so sad. You want me to make Mia some bows? We still rock them EVERY day!
So glad to hear from you again, and I'm glad you're all adjusting well to CA life! Must be so nice to be close to family again!

Unknown said...

I am happy that the kids are adusting well. It is never fun to suddenly move but for some reason we understand why later. Enjoy the sun, because the weather here in Idaho has been crazy.

Melissa said...

The pics of Haley on my blog are not from the science fair, they are from when she got student of the month. You'd be able to tell if we were at the science fair if the pics of us have a please shoot me now face.

Smullin Family said...

Yea, it was so nice to hear from you. Glad you're all adjusting well.
Cute Easter kiddos.
Yea, for Mia crawling!
My kids are bald for the longest time too...that's why I love bows so much.

Kristi said...

Welcome back to the great state of Caleefornia. Did Ryan grow as well? He looks bigger than I remember him. Maybe it is just all the short people in the picture. Does Mia eat much people food with no teeth? I remember Landon't 'eat-til-I-puke' approach...

Jamie Hyatt said...

Love it, the girls look so cute in those adorable dresses. How is the job hunt going these days? I hope he finds something, Ross hasn't had any luck as of late, he dose have a couple interview coming up so we'll see how that goes. We're thinking about you guys.