One morning, I was walking out of Mia's preschool when one of the mom's stopped me and asked, "Hey, I have five tickets to Legoland we aren't going to use. Do you want them?" I think I heard the choirs of heaven singing when she asked this question. I answered that, "Absolutely we do!" Ryan was happy we didn't have to spend the money, the kids were jumping up and down when I told them we would be going in two weeks, and I got to work making cookies for my wonderful, and generous friend.
After some serious counting down to our trip, and a long night of trying to get excited children to sleep the time had finally arrived. The kids were jittery as we stood in line fifteen minutes before they opened. They were studying the maps, and making plans.
It was a perfect day at the park. They weather was a perfect seventy-two degrees. The crowds were small. We didn't have to wait in a single line. We got there at 10:00 and we were done by 3:30 and we had gone on every ride. Yep, you read that right, we were able to experience the whole park in just over five hours. After about an hour of going on rides, Ryan leans over and asks, "Are you sure this isn't Lame-O-Land instead of Legoland?" He just kept saying over and over again, how glad he was we hadn't paid for this. Legoland is fine if you are a Lego enthusiast or have small children. The kids had a great time (but would rather go to Magic Mountain or Disneyland if given the choice), so I told Ryan he had to suck it up and be happy that his children were happy- even though I was thinking the same thing. When we went on the biggest rollar coaster in the park, Izzy got off and said, "Mom, that was my favorite ride. I actually felt wind on my face." One of the coolest parts was looking at all of the structures and sets made out of Legos (California landmarks, tons of Star Wars scenes, and other city landmarks.) Even though the pace was killing Ryan and I it was time spent as a family and the kids were so grateful to have gone.
Landon driving his Lego car. Every kid loves driving cars and this one was even better than Disneyland because they weren't on tracks
The girls and I on the log ride.
Ryan and I took one look at how wet everyone on that ride was coming off and decided the kids could go by themselves. They were able to spray the water and it drove under some water sprays. The best part though was that there were water sprayers on the outside railing and you could spray the riders. Ryan and I went to town hosing down our kids as they passed us. Ryan was giggling like a little girl. The kids were not thrilled when they got off and were soaking wet because of their parents.
This is the kids after the water ride. Mia was still pouting.
The munchkins getting ready to go on a a miniature version of Tower of Terror. Landon and Izzy were so cute with Mia while we were there. They kept helping her on and off of the rides and making sure she was okay.
The kids posing with Chubakah and R2-D2. Those are both made out of Legos.
Ryan and the kids as we were leaving the park. Mia was crying because she didn't get any Legos... or because she was exhausted.
The kids with Captain Rex also made out of Legos.
It's hard to see them because of the shade, but they were most excited to pose with this life size Darth Vader also made of Legos.
Mia was a ham all day. Every time we took her picture she would pose and scream, "Cheeeeese." Then when we finally asked someone to take our family picture she wouldn't turn around.
Landon and Isabel in their helicopter, that just went up and down on that pole. Super exciting! (Can you sense the sarcasm?)
Mia riding a horse.
Izzy shooting water at some Lego statues.
The kids when we first got in the park. Of course they were mad we made them stop before they even went on a ride.
As lame as the place was for Ryan and I, I am so happy when I am with my family. Ryan makes me laugh and we had tons of fun mocking together. When my kids are happy I can't help but smile and my heart warms. I truly am blessed to have a family that I not only love, but I really like being with them.




No comments:
Post a Comment