Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Mia's Thanksgiving Feast

   As I have mentioned in other posts, Mia LOVES preschool. For weeks her class has been preparing and freezing food for their annual Thanksgiving feast. Mia would come home every day and tell me what she made, pumpkin bars, corn muffins, beef stew, and fruit salad. She loved cooking and knowing we were going to taste what she made. Then as the day approached she started telling me she didn't want to go on stage. I figured it had to do with her being shy. This was not the case.  When I asked her why not she said, "You guys are going to eat all of the food I cooked, while I am singing and I won't get any." Her teacher and I both reassured her that we would not eat until she was sitting with us. This was enough to appease her. She was so excited to wear a dress and her church shoes to school. She asks me to wear these things to school at least once a week and then has a melt down when I tell her no. She was all ready for the Thanksgiving Feast.

 Mia in her pilgrim attire.
 I was amazed by how many people were there. Every preschool even t I went to with my other kids was just a room full of moms. This was huge, siblings  grandparents, moms and dads were all there. I was really excited Ryan was able to take an extended lunch and come.
 Mia and two of her friends, Georgia and Grace.

I don't know if you can tell which one is Mia, but she is the one in the middle with her fingers in her mouth. She is really shy and when she smiles she covers it up by putting her fingers in her mouth. She kept looking over at us while they were singing with the biggest grin ever. It was so cute.

No comments: