Saturday, July 26, 2008

"The Dark Knight"
Ryan and I went out with some friends last night for Ryan's 31st birthday (old man). We went to dinner and then saw "The Dark Knight". I did not want to go this type of movie is not my cup of tea. Those of you who know me well know that I would much rather be watching a tearful chick flick or a hilarious comedy, not an action comic book series movie. However I went because I am such a good wife, or because it was a night out with no kids. But, I absolutely loved the movie. I had to go to the bathroom the last hour and could not get up and leave. I thought the hype with Heath Ledger was just because he had died, but oh my gosh he was amazing. I never would have guessed it to be him. Not to mention Batman is total eye candy. I want to own this movie soon. A little to violent for Landon until he is like 12, so I am not sure how we will own it and him not want to watch it since he thinks he is Batman. I am giving it ten thumbs up, you all must go and see.

7 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Good to know. We are seeing it this upcoming weekend for our anniversary. (i know, so romantic) but hey I want to see it!! We just watched Batman begins so we can be all "caught up" with what's going on for this new one. I can't wait.

And Happy Birthday Ryan!! Hope you had a great day!

Holly said...

It isn't his birthday yet. You need to find some awesome (bad) pictures of him and dedicate a post to him tomorrow. I want to see that movie... if you liked it it must be amazing!

Candis and Ryan said...

Oooohh! A night without the kids?! Lucky. That's cool that you are expanding your horizons. Next you'll be going to Comic-con, dressed like princess lea (from star wars). Oh and I just wanted you to know that as I am posting this comment, New Kids are playing in the background. Thanks, a lot. Love ya, Mandy.

Melissa said...

Are you sure it's worth the $20? Have you seen Penelope yet?? What do you think of the edward?

Rushele said...

I have to agree about Batman and Heath Ledger's Joker. He did a great job, and it's easy to see how he got his personal life screwed up by playing such a dark character.
We had a date night with no kids a couple of days ago and went to Batman also.

the keele's said...

hey there. ok so you will be in san jose the last weekend of september?! and the rest of the week at your parents? is that for sure?!!! your sisters going to be at your parents as well?

Smullin Family said...

Yea, I'm so glad that your sister got you into blogging!!!

I've sent you an invite to my blog.

Jason saw this movie and LOVED it. He thought Heath Ledger's performance was awesome and thinks he may be nominated for the academy award. I just keep saying, "But he's dead!" Jason says Hollywood loves that kind of hype. He's probably right.