Sunday, August 3, 2008

"Breaking Dawn" Party



This blog is for all my fellow Edward Lovers, if you love Jacob just leave now! My friends and I have been counting down the days to the release of the book. We have been rereading the first three books, making non stop predictions for the new book, reading all the quotes of the day, and driving our husbands insane with all of our Twilight talk, and then the day has finally come. We (picture to the left, me, Nancy, Jodi, Lacey, and Cozett) went out to dinner at the Cheesecake factory (next door to Borders) and had a blast with Edward talk and eating some really good food. Then we headed over to the "Breaking Dawn" party at Borders. There was already like 300 people when we got there, and a lot of weirdos too.
Here were some of my highlights of the night:
1. Watching the costume contest with about 20 teenage girls that all thought they were as hot as Rosalie in there prom dresses.
2. When during the costume contest a girl watching asked a girl who worked there, "Who is Rosalie?", and then about a hundred women all whip there heads around at look at here telling her to get out with their eyes.
3. My favorite. Watching a 16 or 17 year old boy walk around really thinking he was Edward. The kid had his hair grown out and messy, died a bronze color, dressed in a black button up dress shirt, and black socks, trying to glide around the room, and leaning against walls with his hands in his pocket. I spotted the kid and quickly showed him to my friends. He was not trying to be in the costume contest he really thought he was Edward. I dared my friend Cozett to go and tell him "Oh wow you look exactly how I pictured Edward in my head, can I take my picture with you?". But every time she got within six feet of him she would turn away and start cracking up. So instead we took pictures across the isles of him. The bottome picture is of him.
We had fun, and now my husband hates me because I will not put the book down. Oh well I only have 100 pages to go and then he can quit crying. Have fun reading everyone.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Im seriously so jealous reading this. I cant even think about reading the book till my baby will sleep. Darn kids ruin everything. Let me know if the book gets better. OH can you get me that guys number, I heard you asked him for it! Perv!

Michal Thompson said...

so how is the book? They are dangerous because they make my life fall apart- or is it put on complete hold.

Holly said...

That is so funny! Would have been funnier if Cozett would have gone up to him, but still funny. That kid isnt even swimming in the same ocean as Edward. They should have kicked him out for trying. I thought you got one from Amazon.... moms gifts arent good enough!!

Rushele said...

I love that this kid thinks he's Edward. And let's just discuss for a moment the fact that a male has actually read the book......interesting!!
I am a real Edward lover myself! I'm glad to hear of another that dislikes Jacob as I do.
Sounds like a fun evening! I contemplated going to the premiere party at our Borders (also next to Cheesecake Factory) but we had too much going on getting ready for Raegan's b-day party this weekend.
Glad you had fun!!

Smullin Family said...

I know why I wasn't invited to the premiere party... I'm not gah-gah over Edward, like all of you crazy girls. :o)j/k
I need to borrow someone's "Breaking Dawn", cuz I think I'm going to come to the next book group. Sounds like fun. Is yours available?

Lacey said...

Love the Blog and that i get to add another fun read to my blog list. Ok so i will call you as soon as i can get this book finished. love me some that edward mini me!

The Finnegan Clan said...

I love the blog, it is very cute and it is great that you let me on, because I think the New Kids suck! But I love you and Edward. My husband keeps wondering why I am nursing the baby ALL day with a book in my hands. Kaleb is loving it but not my messy house.

ali k said...

You are crazy!!!!