Well, well, well how to begin telling you all about the week from...not a good place? Last Friday I took Mia into the Dr to get a flu shot and leave with a child who has a double ear infection, and is losing to much weight, then on Sunday mom and two kids are sick, Monday Ryan gets laid off from his job, Tuesday Ryan is applying for unemployment and every other form of help we can get, Wednesday Ryan is searching for jobs that are not out there, Thursday Ryan gets two rejections from hopeful jobs and Mandy screws up dinner group dinner, Friday Ryan falls down the stairs holding Mia, and Saturday take Mia to the ER and she has a fracture in her right femur. Can any of you top this week? Nope, I did not think so. Fortunately Ryan and I have such awesome sense of humors nobody has melted down, we are looking into bank robbery if any of you have any suggestions.

Here is Mia in her swing. She didn't even really cry unless we moved her leg. During the Xray she was not happy either. She even slept all through the night last night before we knew her leg was fractured what a good baby.

Look at that sad lag in her little cast. So sad.
There were a couple of good things this week.

The kids got a Wii for Christmas and Landon got a shooter Star Wars game this is all they want to do these days. I was about ready to throw the games out the door since I am not a fan of video games anyways, then we got our newsletter from the preschool telling us how video games hinder children's academic development, this confirmed my thoughts. So for FHE we made a chart of what has to be complete before games can be played, thirty minutes of reading, twenty minutes of practicing letters, and clean up all of our toys. Landon usually wakes up first thing in the morning wanting to read so he can play games. Isabel usually throws a fit and cries on the floor while Landon plays. One day they did not want to play games and wanted to color this giant firetruck puzzle that Aunt Ginger gave Landon like two years ago instead.

This is the greatest thing ever. They did not have this with my other two kids. You stick a piece of food inside the mesh and let them go to town gnawing on it. No food chunks will get out just juices. Mia absolutely loves it. When we walk towards her with it she starts holding her hands out and panting for it. We have done peaches and
cantaloupe. We can hear her sucking on it from across the room, when she drops it she starts crying her eyes out.

Go get one if you have a young baby. It keeps her occupied while we eat dinner.
Hopefully our next blog will be a little happier, or maybe from one of our parents houses if the job market does not move. Please pray for us to have a chipper email from Boise.
Peace Out!
22 comments:
Poor Mia! Yes, I do hope you have a better week. In the meantime, If it makes Mia feel better I have two more of those chewy things that Elaina hated (just like everything else) that she is welcome to. We'll be praying for you as well!
My poor Mia. I really think you need me there. I'll call mom and see what I can do. Love you sis. You and Ryan have such good attitudes about everything. Im impressed. Miss you so much.
Oh my goodness!!! What a terribly eventful week! Poor little Mia..and poor Ryan. I bet he feels pretty bad. I know I feel bad when something happens to my baby that I had a part in. Like falling off the couch..I've done it to all 4 of them...more than once. :o(
I'll be praying for your family. I don't want you to move. Hmmmm, you could live in our movie/family room. (My dad just moved into our office, because of some house plans not going as planned.)It would be might snug. :o)
Let me know if there's something I can do. I think about you a lot. I would really love to get together. How about you?
Oh Mandy! Well I am so glad you two are still laughing. Have you seen the movie "Fun with Dick and Jane?" In a few more weeks, I may be referring to you as Jane. Good luck with the bank robberies.
As for Mia's femur, have you seen the you tube clip of Brian Reagan called "Emergency Room?" You really need. It's all about broken femurs. I am so sorry for her and Ryan too.
I am so glad you posted, I miss you guys and think about you often. We really are hoping good things for you now. And isn't it nice to have parents who will take you in? What a nightmare this would be without that as a comfort.
If you don't get a job soon, just call the Cullens. They're loaded and very generous.
oh my gosh!!!!!!!! what an awful week! i cant top that nope! goodness sorry family!!! we love you lots!! if you need a place we have some room if you need some love we got loooooooooooooooads to go around to!!! miss you and i hope that this week looks up for you guys! im glad the kids had fun with the puzzle moms here right now so we laughed at that. luckily we all come a humorous family!!
love you lots!!!!
Yes, you most definitely win for the worst week. At least next week has to be better.
I just have a broken rib...so yes, you win and no one can top your week. For a pick-me-up watch this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sILnTjYlNxc
Holy cow!!! When it rains it pours. Poor Mia. You guys are always welcome at my house if you end up heading to UT. I hope things get better quick. Love you guys. You're in my prayers.
Wow! That really was a bad week! You would win that contest if there was one. I'm so sorry! Jesse broke his arm when he was about 18 months, it is so sad to have your baby get hurt like that. I hope that things get better for you guys. I'm glad that you have such good humors about it, sometimes you can only laugh! New Mexico is a good place to live, check out some jobs here, I would love to have "family" nearby!!
Did you swear? I would have.
This is the second time this week I've had to feel guilty about Luke's video game playing. bummer.
Hope things brighten.
Oh Mandy - I am so sorry to hear about all of this horrible stuff that happened last week. I can't believe she fractured her femur!! As horrible as my job is right now I keep trying to tell myself that I am thankful I have one. Keep up your sense of humor, and maybe someday we will look back and laugh about all of this. Kinda of like "The Worst Christmas Ever". A reeeallllly long time from now.
I am so sad that poor baby Mia has a fractured femur!! That sucks! I love that she has a huge grin on her face even with a big cast on her leg. What a good baby!
And, I am super sad for you and Ryan that he lost his job!! That is heartbreaking, especially now that there's nothing really available out there! We will certainly be praying for you to have good news on the job front!
On Jan 5 I had my husband check on his insurance because I have not seen any payment slips for 2009. Lo and behold They cancelled his medicare because he is no longer considered "disabled".(we make too much money) FYI he is a parapalegic. And it has been cancelled since October and they never informed us. Normal insurance for him is like $400 a month. Ahhh!
One week later the state is shutting down the company that he works for (he is a social worker.) Now no job. Sera gets sick. Mom gets sick ( i never get sick)but Dad who is always sick is fine (weird).
Hmm.
Nope your week is worse.
Your family is in our prayers.
Ashley
Sounds like quite a week! Poor lil Mia! The lil food masher thing was a lifesaver with Kaylynn, she absolutely loved it! Well I hope you are doing better and that Ryan finds a job soon!
I think you topped it all! We will be praying for you. You really are amazing. I would be crying myself to sleep!
mandy, i am so sorry. what a rotten week. hope things start looking up for you guys. and poor little mia, what a tropper. i will have to go find me one of those sucky toys for my (maybe) baby mia :) thanks for the tip. will be thinking and praying for your family.
I think you Win the Award for Worst Week Ever!!! I know it's been about a week 1/2 since this all happened, so I hope that things have gotten better!
Mandy, How are you guys doing now? Has anything improved? How's Mia's leg? Ryan's job situation?...etc.
Could you please update!! Oh and even when I run that mesh food thing through the dishwasher its still kinda dirty. What do you do??
Everytime I come back to this post I am thinking about you all over again and wondering what you've come up with? Did Ryan find a job out there? how is Mia holding up? Just know that we are thinking of you!
Update, update, update...we wanna update!
This is the kind of stuff that I miss out on when I'm not blogging? No thanks. I'm sorry, all of it sucks!..except the chewy toy for Mia. I found it for Spencer too and fell in love with it. We love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment