Monday, May 17, 2010

The Boy!

I was planning on posting pictures from the Fathers and Sons outing that was this last weekend, but there are no pictures. Apparently I need to charge the battery on the camera before I send it with Ryan on the trip. Landon had a lot of fun on the trip. He got to ride in the truck with Grandpa and Dad. Ryan let him and his friend ride on the tailgate of the truck at the campsite. This is something that would never happen if I were there. Landon saw peacocks with little babies. He won third place in the water balloon toss and got some kind of little airplane he and his dad built that is made from really thin wood and has a propellar on the back. I have no idea what that would be called. So, that is all he wants to play with now. He really looks forward to this boys trip that only he gets to go on.
At home we had a girls night. We ate out dinner and Isabel got to watch a spcial movie, and after the kids were in bed I got together with some women from church and we watched Jane Eyre. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books and movies of all time. We had lot's of fun and yummy treats.
Everyonce in a while the boys need to be with the boys, and the girls need to be with the girls.
Since I didn't have any pictures from the camp out, I am posting his sports pictures since I never have. Landon at bat.
Landon playing third base. The coach rotates them on positions every inning. I think he plays this position best.
Landon played soccer last season. It was really hilarious to watch because none of them know what they are doing. He didn't enjoy soccer that much he really prefers baseball. I am making him play this coming season though just to see if he likes it better now that he knows what's going on.

Isn't he so cute. I love that kid.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Mandy, it's fun to see you blogging again. I was hoping you would after you finished your fanfiction story. You look like you're happy and doing well.

benandmonitanner said...

Love the sports pic...what an athlete! Jake is playing baseball this season as well. I will be posting pics and video soon :)

Michal Thompson said...

He looks like a professional- of both sports!

Carmen said...

I can't wait for my boys to get big enough to go on this campout with their dad, then I would get "all by myself time" hmm wonder what that would be like :) Love the sports shots, Landon is a good looking boy!

Rushele said...

He is a really cute little guy!!
Sounds like a super fun weekend for all of you...daddy got to take his son out camping and you got to play with the girls! I need that too. Too bad I'll never get a night to myself when it's fathers and sons weekend...no boys in this house except daddy!