Now that Landon can ride his bike without training wheels and we all own bikes, we decided that it would be a fun Saturday outing. Ryan, Landon, Isabel and I were ready on our bikes and Mia excitedly sat in her trailer yelling out "Weeee" when the adventure began. Landon and I took off at full six year old speed. Ryan bringing up Isabel on her training wheels. After a quarter of a mile Landon and I could no longer see the others. We headed back and found Isabel already whining and saying, "My legs are so tired." We headed back to the car and put Issy's bike away and threw her in the trailer with Mia. Where they giggled, told Ryan to go faster, and drank all of our water. Landon was a champ. He rode as fast as his legs would take him for about five miles, with the regular pauses to wipe the sweat out of his eyes. I am sure Ryan was frustrated riding at amateur speeds, but it was a really fun family activity. I think we will head to the beach in a couple of weekends for our next ride Issy won't be bringing her bike.
10 years ago




12 comments:
That picture of Issy is so tragic! I love it!
This is one of our family's favorite activities as well. Way to go Lando on the upgrade to no training wheels. Mia is looking so big. Missing you tons
Love it! Not to worry however, Chris has a helmet and never keeps it on in the trailer!
Mandy- I am so glad to see you back and feel like I know what you are up to. Your kids have gotten so big in a year!
No reason to feel guilty. You are an amazing organized mother, with all the rules of timewise down to perfection. Sometimes something has to go for awhile. The biking looks fun. We need to get bikes and we need the weather to warm up.
SO GREAT TO SEE PICS OF YOUR FAMILY! It is amazing how much kids change in a years time. Mia especially, what a doll. It so good to keep in touch, I miss having you around. Talk at ya later.
yah! You're back. I love the pictures and i am missing you, too. You look great.
hey, what are you talking about, you totally do fun outings too. so we were just talking about riding at the beach, so let me know when you are going, we would love to come. i so want to buy a beach cruiser and trailer. we will see.
i totally want one of those bike trailers...also a bike to pull it with :) Looks so fun, good for you being all family adventuresome!
Wow...I'm glad to see you've re-entered the blogging world!!
That bike ride sounds like a perfect little family outing! And the camping trip sounds fun too, I love spending time with family!!
Yeah, Your back. I think it's good to go on hiatus every once in a while. I have done it many times. NO need to feel bad about it. :) I'm sad your a Californian now, just as I leave, you come. Now I'm a Texan again.
You guys are a beautiful family! I'm so glad you are liking it there. Nice to be close to family..:)
miss you
Sounds like fun to have a family bike ride--we should do that since our youngest just learned to ride a two-wheeler! Hope you are well.
Post a Comment