Thursday, August 19, 2010

Issy is 5

My first baby girl turned five today. She couldn't have been more excited. For the last week the first thing spoken to me every morning is, "How many days until my birthday?" Last night my mom and I blew up balloons that covered the living room floor and hung outside her bedroom door, we made a giant banner that said, "Happy Birthday Isabel". She was beyond giddy this morning when she woke me up, "Mom their are balloons on my door, and a banner just for me downstairs. Mom I think I look taller and older, do you?" She got donuts for breakfast, and got to go to lunch with grandma and pick out a toy at the Disney store. Tonight we will be enjoying McDonald's, mostly her choice because of the happy meal toy. No big presents this year she is going to Disneyland. We are making her wait until October to avoid the crowds and heat. We were lucky she gets it and wasn't upset.

Look at my little chunkers. She was so cute. She was my biggest baby weighing in at 9 lbs 3 oz. She was such a good baby.

Now look at her all grown up. Well, I have no claim on her other than I birthed her and she likes to sing and dance. Otherwise she is completely a Larsen, particularly her Aunt Natalie and Grandma Linda.

She is extremely bright. She is a very good artist, in fact she won two coloring contests this year.

She loves to hula hoop. She is really funny because she got bored just hula hooping so she decided to see what all she could do at the same time. SO at this point it is hula hoop, hum, close her eyes, jump, and clap. It is hilarious to watch.

She learned to swim this summer and loves to be in the pool or the ocean.

She loves her big brother and wants to do everything he does. She is just now liking Mia and likes to get her dressed up.

Her favorite food is pizza and shakes, she's super healthy.

She loves her curly hair but desperately wants it longer, but it just won't grow.

She is getting ready for Kindergarten and is very excited to take a lunch and back pack to school.

She has curbed her stubborn streak and has become a very sweet and loving girl. We love her so much and are so happy to have her in our family.

7 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

What a cutie, sounds like she is just loving life as a girl :) I forgot that she and Ryan are in the same grade. I bet she will love school (and so will mommy!) :) Happy Birthday Izzy!

Smullin Family said...

It's so fun to hear about Issy's favorites and personality. She was still little when you left. I'd love to see her hula hoop act. :)

Abree's excited to start kindergarten...and I have to admit I'm a little excited too.

Carmen said...

i can't believe she's starting kindergarten. If she lived up here i could have been her teacher, except that i retired, but you get what i'm saying! lol! happy birthday Issy!

ali k said...

It is hard to believe that she is 5and starting Kindergarten. Tell her late happy birthday since we were camping on her birthday.

Katie Gillis said...

Happy Birthday Issy!! Wow five years old! Mandy she is adorable. I love her hair! So you will have two in school. I'm jealous, Brent still has another year until Kinder.

Candis and Ryan said...

happy birthday to isabel and i love seeing your family grow. She is beautiful, just like her mother. i miss you.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Issy is 5!!! Seems like just yesterday she was pretending to be a dinosaur with Dallin Hyatt in nursery.