Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cooking Class

I am constantly trying to find fun ways to keep the kids busy this summer. For their entertainment and for my sanity. My friend Sarah and I decided to switch off weeks, me doing a cooking class, and Sarah doing a book club. For this cooking class we made Muddy Buddies. I know, super nutritious, right? But they are oh so tasty and the kids loved it. So here are some pictures of the master chefs.
Enjoying the fruits of their labor. Zoe, Isabel, Dallin, and Landon.

Landon pouring his chocolaty cereal into the zip-loc.

Issy shaking her cereal in powder sugar. I swear she was having fun. I think she liked wearing the apron more than cooking.

Zoe mixing her rice chex with the peanut butter and chocolate. Zoe kept telling me the whole time. "I know I'm the best cook here. I'm a really good cook."

Dallin pouring the chocolate into the cereal.

Hard at work.
The kids really have a good time. Sarah does a great job with the book club too. She reads them a book and then they do an art activity that goes with the book they read.
If any of you have some kid friendly cooking ideas, send them my way.

6 comments:

Smullin Family said...

How fun! I LOVE this idea!
I'm sure I can think of some fun recipes for kids...I'll get back to you.

Monica said...

What a fun idea. I tried to get a play group together all summer, well, thought about trying, and now summer is almost over. I can't believe how fast it has gone. Lacey is about to pop any day now.

The Girls and Dad B. said...

Look at you guys being all creative! Way to go! :o)

ali k said...

I LOVE muddy buddies! What a cute idea to switch off activities.

Jennie said...

I came across some very cool kid cookbooks. There are pictures for each ingredient and for each step in the recipe and all of the recipes are kid friendly. They are the DK Kid Cookbooks. http://www.amazon.com/Mom-Me-Cookbook-Annabel-Karmel/dp/0756610060/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1281480662&sr=1-2

I found them in our local library.

Mamma Meg said...

How fun! Um, and when did Isabel turn 12? My gosh!