Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tri-Athlete

Ryan has a had a new passion these past few months. His new bike, and participating in triathlons. His first triathlons was at the Rose Bowl, the next was up in San Jose, and this last one was at Camp Pendalton in San Diego. He really loves training for them and competing.
Unfortunately this is his last one for a while. Between work, school, coaching swimming, being in the EQ presidency, and being a great husband and father, making time to train is nearly impossible. Hopefully once we are beyond this phase of our life, Ryan will be able to go back to this great hobby.
He has done all three of these triathlons with his brother Erik and the last two their BFF Brett Anderson has joined in with them. The last one Erik's brother Michael also participated with them.
Ryan did good considering his lack of training and the size he has on most of the competitors but of course is competitive nature keeps him less than satisfied.
He of course is stellar in my book.
One of the waves heading out into the water. Ryan said swimming in those waves was a lot harder than it looks.

Ryan starting on the bike leg of the race.

Ryan running. He looks a little worked to me.


Ryan and Erik, they have done this to their poor mom since they were kids. They never let her take a picture without whining in it. Those are some dead sexy legs.

Michael Allen, Erik Larsen, Brett Anderson, and Ryan Larsen.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

That is some hard core stuff. Your husband is like mine when it comes to pictures. I have to sneak up on him if I want to get one.

ali k said...

Mandy - since Ryan isn't going to do one soon I think it is our turn right?? LOL :)

Michal Thompson said...

wow, training takes a lot of time, I can't believe he can get all of that into his schedule. Addicting though!

Jamie Hyatt said...

Someday...I just need to find that motivation to get started, I told Ross that is one of my goals before I turn 35, luckily I have a few years. Congrats.