Friday, October 10, 2008

Disneyland

Landon on the Jungle Cruise. One of his favorites.
Buzz Light Year Ride, Ryan liked it even more than Landon.
After the parade kind of in front of the pumpkin Mickey.
In front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. He only took this for Isabel.
He wanted to go inside the Whale.
Dumbo ride or shall we say dumb ride.

I would not go on the tea cup ride.

We are mean parents that don't take our kids to Disneyland until they are five. We want to avoid carrying anyone, whining, naps, and not even remembering it. So Landon turns five next month and we were in California so we took Landon and the girls stayed with my mom. Thank you mom you are the best Grandma ever. Landon loved Disneyland. He loved every ride. He was never scared, he wanted to get right back on Space Mountain. He was however scared of the characters. He mostly asked to go home so he could play with his light saber. I could have killed him. I finally informed him that we payed a lot of money so he could go have a good time at Disneyland and if he did not quit asking to go home I would throw the light saber away. He quickly began to enjoy Disneyland a little more. It was so awesome to watch Disneyland through my child's eyes. It is so much better. I can't wait until we take Isabel in two years.


8 comments:

Kristi said...

You are mean parents! You wouldn't let Landon play with his light saber...your camera takes good pictures. Or maybe it is the photographer.

The Blaisdell Family said...

How fun!! That would SO much fun with only one kid at a time! I'm sure Landon had a blast!

The Girls and Dad B. said...

How fun. We sort of have the same rule. Why take your kids to Disneyland, pay all that money and not have them remember it?! I love experiencing Disneyland thru my kids too!

Smullin Family said...

Yea! Thanks for posting Disneyland pictures.
You're hillarious..loved your comment on the Dumbo ride photo..and your explaination to Landon about enjoying Disneyland..dang-it!
I LOVED the Buzz Lightyear ride too. It was awesome.
Isabel will absolutely LOVE the princess dance thing. That was my favorite part for Abree. It was so sweet how her eyes lit up when she saw Belle in person. She was in awe and totally amazed that she was seeing the "real" Belle. Great memories.

Rushele said...

What a fun trip!!
That's actually a smart idea to not take the kids until they are 5. It's got to be sooooo much easier on mom and dad's patience level to not have to deal with carrying them and possible tantrums.
We took Raegan last Sept. right after she turned 2 because we were there for a wedding and got discount tickets. She actually did very well. We were pleasantly surprised!!

Mamma Meg said...

Dumb ride? DUMB RIDE! May Walt Disney come back and strike you mute for your blasphemy. And, the tea cups were my very favorite, no kidding! As for taking kids under 5...well you saw my Disney pictures (specifically the ones where Porter is screaming for 10 hours straight). In fact, one day he was smiling as we walked to the gate and burst into tears as we handed them our ticket. He knew we were back...again.

Holly said...

All I can think of is how old he looks in those pictures! I remember driving down university, side by side in our cars, and him pointing at me saying my name for the first time... Holla! baby isnt a baby:(

Katie said...

Disneyland is so magical... and it's even better when you take your kids and see it through their eyes. My favorite is the parade. What a fun day for Landon to have you guys to himself. I'm sad we didn't get to see you while you were in town... but I know how hectic it is when your with family. love you guys!