Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Girls Pictures

We took Isabel in to take her 3 year old pictures and Mia in for her 3 month pictures. Mia of course was a perfect little baby. Our biggest problem was keeping the drool and bubbles off of her face. She is so cute I love my little chubbie mamas.
Isabel on the other hand totally posed and sat and didn't cry, but out of 20 pictures taken these are the only two without her tongue out or making a funny smile. What a booger. Then after we gave up she turns to me and says "Mom did you love my pretty smiles I made?" I said "You did not make any pretty smiles." Then she said "Yes I did mom see." and then gave me the biggest cheese grin I have ever seen on her face. I said "Well it is too late now, you did not do a pretty smile for your picture on the wall." She said in her most stern voice, "Yes I did my daddy says I am always pretty." I could not respond to that without laughing.
Luckily this is the last time we will take her to a portrait studio cause she will just get school pictures now. We better start working on it before we take Kuhn family pictures in September.



8 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

Ahhh, picture day! We once took the three oldest to get pictures together. Tyler made faces each time, Blake eventually started sobbing and Kallie was frowning in each...so we left and did not buy any. Remember how you used to make fun of the fact that my kids pics were so old? Now you know why. I think your girls look beautiful. Ryan is right, Issy is always pretty.

Rushele said...

Those pictures are so very cute!!! I love that last one of Mia.
And Raegan does the exact same thing whenever I try to take her picture. She'll say "cheeeeese" then she either keeps her eyes squinted closed, or looks at the floor or the wall. It's never a good picture, and then she says, "mom that was a really cute one" or "mom, that was a good smile". But no, they aren't!! She's mistaken.
Isabel's look cute to me though. She's striking a pose for you.

The Girls and Dad B. said...

What angels your girls are! How cute! I have to say that Kimber and Kelsey both went thru a phase at about Issy's age where they would make this crazy smile when asked to smile and it seemed like we would take a million pics just to get one decent smile out of them. So you are not alone, this too shall pass!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh Mia is so cute. That last pic she doesnt look so much like your other kids. I think Isabel looks adorable. Cant wait to see you sis, its killing me.

Michal Thompson said...

Does good picture day ever exsist? It just stresses me out. Luckily we had a friend in Cleveland who did them for us, and it was just so relaxed. Better but not perfect. We are just renting our house- who knows how long we will be here. So selling and buying sound like a headache!

Mamma Meg said...

Hey Mandy..."Next thing you know your daughter's knocked up and your change is missing from your dresser..."

Lacey said...

Very cute! I need to get my girls in somewhere here soon too! See ya guys on Wednesday.

Kristi said...

Mia is adorable, Millie only has split-second smiles...why are my kids so hard to make laugh and smile?