Friday, September 5, 2008

Back to School, Oh happy day!

Two of my babies started school today. This was Landon's second year of pre-school. He is so mature he did not need me to walk him to class. He was very excited for school. He could not wait to take his back pack (he wasn't allowed to bring one last year) and wear his new shoes. He got some of those Nike's that have the shocks. He calls them bouncers and says they make him run faster than a Cheetah, and jump higher than the house. He picked out his own clothes. He even picked a button shirt (he hates shirts with buttons), cause he said "I know you will want to take my picture mom, and you will want me to be the handsomest so I will wear my button shirt."
Issy could hardly sleep she could not wait. She picked out a dress and had to sleep with her backpack and clothes next to her bed. So I guess this is the one way she is like me. She got up and was dressed in seconds. This never happens because she loves pajamas. Her class did not start until ten minutes after Landon's, so she was very frustrated that Landon got to go into class and she had to wait. When I told her she could not get out for ten minutes she said, "Mom just let me out of the car and you can take a lot of pictures of me.". Her two best buds Berkley and Sydney are in her class so that makes school that much better. Hopefully they don't start a group called the "Lipsticks" or something.





Berkley, Isabel, and Syndee BFFs
My friends Cozett and Lacey and I decided to celebrate only having one baby at home, so we went out to breakfast and went to Target. I forgot how nice it is to eat out and shop without watching or yelling at kids.
When I picked up the kids and asked them how there day was I got two very different responses. I think it is definitely a gender difference.
Mom-"Landon what did you do at school today?"
Landon-"Had fun"
Mom-"But what did you do?"
Landon- "I told you had fun"
Then there was Isabel. I asked her the same question. I then got a play by play description of every song sang, every activity, and every conversation.
All in all I think it is going to be a great year.

9 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

Hey, I thought you were going to home shool the kids...you just seem like that kind of a mom. Oh well, guess I was wrong (about many, many things). Oh, and did your sister make it back to the set in time? If so DID anything happen to her after she confessed? Just wondering.

Mamma Meg said...

HA! I just read my comment, and I love the way I spelled school. That's right, I graduated from colledge.

The Girls and Dad B. said...

How fun, I know how you feel, only having one at home now. Your kids are too cute! Enjoy the time with the baby, especially cuz it goes by so fast! (I know you know what I mean.)

Smullin Family said...

Landon IS the handsomest ever. Funny, funny kid.
I'm so excited for Isabel too. School can be so much fun.
Only 1 baby at home...what's a mom to do??? Oh yes...go shopping! You made the right choice. :o)

The Blaisdell Family said...

The "lipsticks"? You are so funny Mandy! Both kids look super cute for their first day. I love the pink shoes the best. I want a pair for Avery!

Glad YOU were able to enjoy their first day of preschool as well. I think I do a little bit too much shopping while the kids are in school:)

Melissa said...

Your kids are just darling. Enjoy the quiet, I know I am. Only 2 1/2 weeks and we will be reunited...and it will feel so good!

Rushele said...

Landon was right, he is the handsomest!! What a cute kid!
And Isabel looks so adorable in her little dress and jelly shoes! Love the jelly shoes, nice reminder of our younger years, huh?!!
I have been loving the preschool that we've been doing for Raegan. Even though it's only 2 hours a day, 2 days a week, it's still the best 4 hours of the week!!!! It's so great to have quiet time once in a while. She even has school when it's Sophie's morning nap time, yay me!!!!

Michal Thompson said...

Oh funny. Dylan does the same thing- I can never figure out what he does at preschool!

Holly said...

I treid to leave a comment before on this post, the only one I missed, and the stinking site went down. When I went to leave another comment but then you had 8 of them and then what... tell you how cute Issy's jellies are like everyone else. My neices and nephew are freaking cute! Landon is a stud and Sissy is beautiful. I dont see many pics of Mia... probably because you leave her crying in her crib all day! Sorry I want first to comment. Post again and see what happens!