Those who know me and my children know that I am not a perfect mother, and my children are far from being angels. I was starting to think that I was failing as a mother because I could not handle a 4 year old and a 3 year old. I have come to a whole new conclusion. My children are conspiring against me. They may look somewhat sweet but they are not. Isabel and Landon are becoming the best of friends and while doing so are taking me down. I had no idea that all of my prayers for the last three years that they would love each other could backfire like this. They are sooo loud when they are together. They make each other laugh until they have tummy aches. They have fights until someone is wounded. They tattle on each other. They cover for each other when something bad happens. They make a mess bigger together instead of cleaning up. They both ignore me together to make it seem like I have the problem not one of them. They think what ever the other one says is absolutely true and if I contradict it I am mistaken. If one says a meal is disgusting neither of them will eat it. I think they might be on a mission for the devil. I hate to admit it but I think I might start praying for the time when Landon is too cool for Isabel. If there is anyone who has children that are not perfect either and has gone through this please tell me how to deal.
Devil 1 and Devil 2
Mia. Just because she is cute, and a perfect baby.




13 comments:
They are not the devil... YOU ARE! How dare you say somehing like that about the sweetest kids. They are perfect! It isnt their fault that you are always wrong and at 3 & 4 they already know more than you. This is all being written in the notebook. Talking so ill! Cant wait to see you guys!
Oh yeah....Mia is stinking cute. She looks adorable! I think she looks like her own little self an not like her siblings
Im sorry I cant help you, my children were perfect.
Love,
Your Mother
Im glad your coming to visit, I,like Holly dont believe you but, when you come we will see. Tell your angelic children hello for me.
I sympathize. Your kids are the Devil, I have seen them. Besides, my own devils taught them everything they know. I blame Ryan.
I guess you have to be careful what you wish for...sibling best friends.
Love that look on Mia's face. She looks so happy and excited..like she's going to burst.
Mia is super cute!! I really like her little outfit and bow.
And as for the devil children, I have a 3 yr. old and a 10 mo. old, so I don't know, YET, about the conspiring together to take you down.
BUT, as I'm reading your post and you're saying that they ignore you to make it seem like you have the problem, not them, it makes me laugh out loud, but only because I'm totally picturing my sassy little Raegan doing that exact thing. And then when I make her look at me so I know she's listening, I get a stink eye from her. UGH!!!! Seriously some days I truely have to wonder why I wanted to be a mom so bad?!!!
My "best friends" Mandy? Very nice. I would never have grouped YOU in with that crowd as well, but now that you mention it....it fits. See ya later, farty.
I've been meaning you talk to you about your kids. and ya know maybe we can't see eachother so often to protect my children from such evil! But i'll still watch Mia any day! LOL!!!!! Whatever, no one is feeling sorry for you!
I think I know how you feel (some days). Your kids are cute tho, so enjoy them while you can, cuz someday you are going to want them to stick up for one another and be best buds! Mia is adorable!
so I totally didn't understand what people meant by the comment "I learn so much from my kids" Then one day I realized that my kids are teaching me something- that i don't have the patience that I thought I had and that I can be easily worked over. Basically I'd love to start a support for battered moms. At one point last year i thought, "this is not what I signed up for." I guess all you can do is enjoy the rare treasured moments and try to emphasize the good traits they have.
PS I like the marble idea Landon told me about. Creative mothering:)
Yeah this whole motherhood thing is a trick...and the sick part is that I want more kids!
I miss you. Do you remember when I left that mess on our dorm room floor to just make you mad? That was to prepare you for kids. You can thank me later.
Love ya!
Post a Comment