Sunday, September 21, 2008

Womens Celebraton, Race for the Cure.

Every year Boise hosts the "Race for the Cure 5k", and it is a whole weekend event. Some of my friends and I decided to really make it a weekend event. On Thursday my BFF Cozett and I and our families went to the "Women's Show". There are tons of vendors giving stuff away and having prize drawings. People from the Biggest Loser were there. Dance performances by kids. It was a lot of fun for the kids. Then Friday night my peeps and I had a sleep over. We all checked into our hotel and then went to dinner at a restaurant called "Barbacoa" it was good food, and a really sweet atmosphere. We all got drunk on Diet Coke and water, and totally stuffed ourselves with carne asada. Then we went back to the hotel put on our pajamas, and played games and had some fun girl talk. We had two different hotel rooms some of us stayed up until4:30 in the morning by choice. Others never even slept because Cozett was snoring like crazy. It wasn't her fault she is not used to being up past 9. We woke up the next morning to a lot of rain. We got ready for the race and headed downtown. There were so many women there dancing to fun music and then the race started. By the time the race started we were already soaked. It was so fun though. We have all decided this is going to be an annual tradition.
R to L:Me, Kim, Andy,Lacy,Cozett, and Emily
Dinner at Barbacoa

Waiting in the rain for the race Andy, Cozett, and Lacy

Lacy, Me, Nancy, and Andy

At the finish party. We are completely saturated and looking oh so good.

I have to give a shout out to all of our awesome husbands. They all stayed home with our kids and provided the funds for us to do this. Ryan is awesome. I did not get a single complaint when I mentioned doing this with my friends. He just said have fun. He is the best dad ever so I did not have to worry at all. I am so luck y to have a man who let's me do these fun things with my friends and loves my kids.

7 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

Sounds like the most heavenly weekend ever! I need some of that.

the keele's said...

that is really great. sounds like so so so much fun! i am glad you were able to do this. i should really get into it! it is like a fad now to do this i have seen! i am outa the loop. haha

miss ya!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Well look at you little miss athlete!! I'm so impressed you did this all while being a nursing mom!!

Too bad it rained, but it looks like you still had a lot of fun!

Kristi said...

Wait, you mean I am entitled to have fun....and friends...and kid-less moments? Well this changes everything. I guess I can stop cutting myself now.

Rushele said...

That sounds like so much fun!!
One of my friends in my ward is putting together a NY girls trip for this coming April/May with her sister and a ton of other ladies. I think I may be going, and it should be so fun!!!! 4-5 days with no kids......Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!!!!!
I recently found out about a lady that has sisters whose hubbies don't believe in girls nights/trips, so they don't really do any of this sort of thing. So sad!!!

Lacey said...

Wow you have some smokin hot friends! Which lucky girl got to sleep with you?

Melissa said...

Im so proud of you, I dont walk for anything....unless my car broke down then I would walk to taco bell!!