I have had much love for "New Kids On The Block" for the last 19 years or so. But my boys have sold out on me. They have what I call the Mariah Carey syndrome. They get famous for talent and who they are. Mariah Carey was awesome with her "Vision of Love" album. Then she turned into a sleeze, and her music has never been that great again. Then she also did not realize she is almost 40 and dresses like a 16 year old. The NKOTB did the same thing. They were always a good boy band with many loyal fans. They decide to have a come back and some of us are so excited we almost pee our pants. Then they release an awesome song, and then the video. For those who have not seen it all it is, is the guys hanging out on the beach with a bunch of nasty girls hanging on them and dancing on them the whole time. They know they are white, not rappers and almost 40 right? I am so disappointed I have decided not to attend their concert because I want to remember them like they have been in my memories all these years. I will remember them with rat tails, high pitched voices, overalls with one strap down, and telling me "Please Don't Go Girl". Boys you let me down and now I am going to go and cry on my big New Kids pillow case.
10 years ago




11 comments:
awe man! that stinks. i love my cassette new kids tape.
What do you have to live for now?? Maybe you should just give up on life. Come here and I'll give you a free show.
we found a house we are going to put an offer on it next week. it is not done being built yet. so it is brand new we will be able to pick out carpet, counter tops and flooring and paint color still. so we are excited about moving into a brand new place. can not wait! so are you going to be in san jose before your moms? if so maybe we can see you for a lil bit while you are there??? let me know
Hey, some of us did pee our pants when we found out the NKOTB were back. That said, I think you are being unfair. Just because the NKOTB chose me to be in their video instead of you does not mean you have to boycott their entire comeback. Honestly Mandy, you are so childish.
I bet that was a hard choice. But you will be so happy with it.
you are so funny! I'm sorry they disappointed you. I got that way about some of the shows that they started on the WB several years back. The first couple of seasons were so good and cute and then they just got raunchier and raunchier...it is very disappointing. What has this world come to? Way to stand up for the right! Go girl!
O.k., that was a hilarious post!!!
I love the "so excited I almost peed my pants" part!!!
I have to admit though, that I was never a NKOTB fan. It just didn't pull me in like it did so many others. Sorry!!
Glad to hear I'm not missing out now either!
WHERE DID MY COMMENT GO?? It was funny!
i am still going to the concert. fo shizzy.
Mandy,
Just because you can't find, in other words "pay", someone to go to the concert w/ you don't try to be the martyr here! I'll never forget the time driving down University with my new friend Mandy when she pops in a cassette. First of all, didn't know people still had cassettes....then I say out loud, "Where in the hell did you get a new kids on the block cassette?" Remember that? Those were the good old days! Lets have you come down and go to a concert w/ me that's worth while, K? I love you tons and miss your face!
um, when were you going to tell me that I was not going to be seeing you in Nov.? Sell outs or not I am pretty disappointed.
Post a Comment